We Will Beat Nb
We’re raising $25m to beat neuroblastoma childhood cancer by 2027.
The Problem: Neuroblastoma
Neuroblastoma is the most common cancer in infants. It is a solid tumor cancer that affects children. Every 14 hours, a child is diagnosed with the disease.
Although most kids get to remission, nearly half those kids relapse – and there’s no cure for relapsed neuroblastoma.
1) Measurably impact neuroblastoma survival every year.
2) Increase survival to greater than 90% by 2027.
3) Discover targeted drugs to decrease toxicity, increase quality of life, and increase long term (greater than 5 year) survival.
How We Will Beat It
We helped found and continue to fund a global research consortium called the NMTRC. Through this consortium, research is happening in 25+ hospitals over 20 states, along with 2 international locations.
Our short term goal is preventing relapse and increasing survival using a drug called DFMO. In the long term, our work with precision medicine is helping us find existing FDA approved drugs targeting common pathways in neuroblastoma. Partnering with companies like Dell and other great organizations, we’re leading the genomics charge in childhood cancer, and have been since 2010.
With $25 million, over 10 years, we will beat neuroblastoma. Our goal is to raise these funds by December 31st, 2022 (a total of 5 years).
- $5m – Ensure access to DFMO for all children with nb.
- $10m – Research infrastructure costs for 10 years.
- $10m – Expansion of the consortium to 40 sites in the US, and multiple Canadian sources. Adding 3 clinical trials per year around targeted drugs discovered through our molecularly guided therapy trials.
We Will Beat Nb